Wednesday, May 27, 2009

8th Anniversary--YIKES

That was the sentiment today. I mean, what's one to do with bronze as a traditional gift? I could have had a bust made, I suppose. I could have given her a bronze medal (an insult, coming in third, if you ask me). Instead I went with pottery, the other traditional gift of the 8th year.

We went to ClayWorks in Newton and hand crafted something together to commemorate our collaborative effort and joys of the last 8 years. We made a friend, too, with a former art instructor from my college. All too cool.

Looking for a great place to eat in the Wichita region? I urge you to visit Aggie's in Hesston, not too far from Town and very-much worth the drive. That's where we supped.

I also made her a card. I really need to do that more often. I have fun and she likes my handmade efforts. The art work is lousy, but it's fun, anyway.

No comments: