Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer slipping away

Here it is, near the end of summer again, and I'm feeling that bitter bite of the calendar run out. Yep, summer's almost gone, and so is my relative freedom. It's the curse of my profession. I know, I've no room to complain. Workin' class folk think we teachers have 3 months off in the summer and a month off at Christmas. Truth is, I teach two of those 3 summer months online...yes, I know, it still afforded me the luxury of a week's vacation to the Rockies while I was "teaching." Yes, I know, that still leaves me free most of every day at my own pace, schedule, discretion. Yes, I know that leaves me one month still w/o obligation....

Regardless, when what I have had is slipping away, when I can feel the brain cloud of another 15 week semester and all the woes that go with it....I sigh.

At least I still have the first two weeks of August to whoop it up. No money, over 100 degrees, but I am dedicating myself to enjoying every day of that two weeks. I think I should keep a ledger here on the ol' blog about those two weeks. Keeping myself accountable might help me to be sure to make something of every single day....

We'll see.

No comments: