Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Second Life -- who says you can't have a do-over?

I am referring here, of course, to the immersive, 3-D, first-person "player" online presence known as Second Life. A great deal of educational theory is being tested in-world these days, and I'm happy to become a part of secondary ed's toe-dip into that environment.

I am too lazy to provide extensive links right here/now for my 3 readers, but I will suggest this one 'portal' to so many more: Pathfinder Linden (John Lester)'s Education Bookmarks

I know it is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I do think some students will find a home there, take classes w/n Second Life, etc. I hope to offer at least office hours if not whole courses w/n SL sometime in the near future.

My most public avatar is Gawain Grut.

Come into Second Life and look me up.

No comments: