Thursday, December 11, 2008

It comes

Building, like the pressure and the silence when I dive deep in a pool, that feeling I get is coming again. Like the tangle of too much bedding and a night sweat to boot, I feel it enveloping me, early this year. It comes without regard, without reservation. It looms large, like a pressure system change, like a massive thunderhead. I have known weightlessness, having been bungee jumping, and I know that I will feel that, too, so very soon. The weightlessness of gloom, the darkness that follows the lightening storm. The End of the Semester Blues is creeping up on me like a high tide acid bath.

At least I know it is there, behind every door, waiting behind this monitor for when I send in the last grade. I can steel myself up against it this time, maybe, and avoid the funk, but it will still get on my shoes, in my hair, and stuck in the corners of my eyes. I'll be blowing it out of my sinuses for weeks, shaking it out of my shorts and shoes, too. About the time I shed that skin, a new semester will begin, and then...and THEN! Ahhhhh....it all begins again!




I could use a smoke!

No comments: