Friday, August 13, 2010

For better or worse

Well, I had 3 days of something-like-summer recently. I was able to take each one of my boys out and spoil him for a day. Jax, the oldest, liked video games, air conditioning, and a movie at the Palace. Carson, on the other hand, wanted a tour of regional lakes (we hit 6). Edison, age 3, was thrilled to spend the morning at the zoo, then ask to share the afternoon with his brothers swimming in a lake and playing at a splash park.

My wife and I even had 1/2 a morning together out on the town. We even got to eat at a restaurant with silverware and plates!

All this after the big, annual back-to-school camp out bonanza we always do at our farm. (I think, now, that we should just call it that: the bonanza!)

That's all the "for better" part of the post, all an improvement on last post's "un-summer" woes. I have since eclipsed all the sorrows of that post with my current state of affairs, tuning up classes with all new books and online content. I was hoping to finish today, but it looks like a long weekend ahead. *sigh* Eventually, it will all be worth it.

I have withdrawal symptoms when away from my family. I also get a nervous tick in my eye when I work this much on the computer non-stop.

No comments: