Sunday, August 15, 2010

Raaaaaaaiiin!

So I was merrily whittling away on my work this afternoon when I heard--though I found it hard to believe--thunder! My office has no windows, is burrowed deep in the bowels of a Wal-mart sized building...so when I did find a window, I was shocked! The rain is coming down sideways, just like home (western Kansas, where we did not know precipitation fell from above, for it was always windy).

I surely hope it is raining like this at my property, some 20+ miles north, for we need it on the garden and grass. (I guess, on the bright side, I've not had to mow for a month.)

Rain is so invigorating. Have I ever tired of it? I cannot fathom such a thought, not right now, when I'm so happy to have it again. I am acting like we've been in some horrible drought, but it's not even been a month, honestly, since we had a shower. (Back home, it was often 6 weeks w/o a drop.)

If I did not have so much work to do, I'd kick off my shoes and go run in the rain, right now!

No comments: