Wednesday, December 01, 2010

If mañana never comes...

I've not actually written anything since last month!

It's been very busy my academic world, tooling up for the End Times. In my case, that means the grueling end of the term, when no amount of procrastination will be tolerated. There is no mañana. One must seize the day by both horns and bend the will of Atlas toward the keyboard and--grade. On a bright note, I've broken the 200 essay barrier, but that means I've only 12 days to read and grade the other 190 I have in my hopper. I do not like the 15 hr days, but these, too, shall come to pass.

To pace myself, I did not even come to work today until almost sunrise. It was the first sunrise I have seen this fall, I recollect.

The End Times remind me to remind myself here: nothing is worth this. It would be better to sacrifice a little quality in favor of a more reasonable resolution to the semester. Don't dote, don't daudle, and don't do tomorrow what you can do today!

I am looking to the greener grass of summer...on the other side...

No comments: