Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolved

Resolutions are made to be broken, they say, but here are a few of mine for 2011, the last year we have to share before the world ends...

go to the Y regularly and get fit; already have appts with personal trainer, enrolling family in classes, aiming myself at swimming lessons and lap pool participation (going to join the 100 mile club)

get over apnea, the sleeping killer; I have this in aces, and the doctor and diagnostic guy said mine was severe...supposedly it's affecting my energy, concentration, and about everything else about my life (my salary?)

be a better...husband, father, teacher, farmer, steward...just be better (continuous and never-ending improvement)

recycle, for we currently put four 30 gallon trash barrels in the landfill weekly around here!

attempt to write for publication, maybe for profit--how many decades has this been on my list? now the 8 of you following me can kick me in the pants now and then

read with intention--I read a lot, about a novel a week, but it's just candy. I need to read classics again, or at least literary magazines. I'm not sure about the quantity or objective just now, but it's something on my list.

parent better--I've improved my percentage in the homeschooling of my kids, but I need to do other parenting more purposefully, too

There are many more, many unpublishables, too....maybe I'll share as I go, but I wanted to plant this flag for the new year.

Happy new year to you all!

2 comments:

garrison.floatingfeathers@gmail.com said...

You have to beat sleep apnea (getting in shape could be the ticket, too) and you must, I mean, MUST get published. You don't know how much you have inspired me, changed my life lately, to be more like you when it comes to writing, kids and to be a better person. Your writing is so honest, something everyone can relate to that it would be a shame not to see your name in print. Us eight would be your biggest fans. Chunk this one in your pail. You are so blessed with your career, your children and the absolute love of your wife...it's about time that you believe in yourself what us others have seen all along.

dejavaboom said...

Thanks AG! That's the best feedback I've had in a long while. And you're right--I am very fortunate. Even when I'm whiny, I know that, deep down.