Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wait, wait! Don't tell me!

What a great radio show.

Right now, baby pj's that will issue a text message to your mobile device that tells you why your baby's crying, an "App for crap."

This morning has turned out quite surprisingly well. I slept in until 6. I did not clock in until 7. Then, about 8 I realized I did not bring all my gear, and was bummed. The phone rang, my wife needed the pickup, and I drove home, then went with the family to our favorite donut shop. It was tons of fun.

Then I drove 10 miles back toward the house before I realized I did not have my office keys, so I returned to Newton to find the family (all this w/o mobile phones, mind you) and secure my keys. Then 30 minutes later, I'm back at work.

All through the venture, I've been accompanied by NPR shows, first Car Talk, now Wait! Wait! (I seldom get to hear these because of kids and work.)

Listening to these shows, driving, eating donuts, seeing family--all better than the typical morning of grading papers. It felt like summer. It felt like...leisure. It was really quite nice.

Now, back to grading. *sigh* (Only 6 days to spring break, only 64 days to my summer vaca!)

No comments: