Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Give me a Sign


Sometimes I feel like I am without direction, like I'm just whiling away my time. Oh, I've had upstarts of enthusiasm for Getting Things Done, Franklin-Covey, you name it....but I always seem to fall back into the doldrums of mediocrity. I do not feel I'm progressing at anything. I feel like a quitter.

I suppose 100-200 years ago people were too darn busy surviving to wring their hands and pout about not being self-actualized. It was "get with it or go hungry" just a couple of generations ago. Thus, the phenom is new-ish, so based on that alone, I should not take it too seriously.

Still, I just feel I should be there by now. I talk to others who have achieved life goals and I'm just awestruck. Almost all my classmates have kids graduating/graduated. They are almost all grandparents.

I still want to "make it big" but now I'm falling in with the likes of Colonel Sanders and Ronald Reagan. I liked it better when I could compare myself to Beethoven or Emilio Esteves who made it big when young.
*sigh*

No comments: