Monday, January 22, 2007

Tuesdays with Morrie

I missed this book when it came out, though I'd heard all the buzz and thought it would be interesting. Now, since it was in a clearance bin, I've gotten my hands on it. In case anyone has not been exposed, Tw/M is about an elderly sociology professor facing death, as told by a sports journalist/former student, Mitch.

It prompts me to get busy with the biography writing I wish to do. I need to find some clients. Everyone has a story to tell, but few folks take the time themselves or hire it out.

I have an aunt and uncle both in their 70's and a great uncle in his 80's...they would be great folks for me to start with. I want to master the craft of capturing the nuggets of life. I want to learn how to interview folks to draw the marrow of life from them (figuratively, of course).

I keep putting this off, for I have no professional training, but it's something I have an ever-increasing interest in. T w/Morrie has just inspired this, again.

No comments: