Friday, August 24, 2007

Weekend's here!


I don't know if I've ever been so relieved. I do say, "Yahoo! and all that." It's only the first week of work, but it's been lengthy, at times agonizing...not the workload or the student interface or even being boxed up in an industrial grade office full of florescent lighting. The hard part has been, as I predicted, being away from my farm and family. I want to go home, sit on the porch, pick ticks off my beagle until the rest of the family wakes up for the day.
*sigh*
On a related note--this weekend I am literally going home, to southwest Kansas. We're to attend a balloon festival in Garden City. I'm even bringing my mom.

2 comments:

John B. said...

Re the balloon festival: Pictures, sir! Time for your blog to acquire a Flickr account, methinks.

And: Garden City must be ideal for a balloon festival: flat, open land, lots of thermals . . . Is this an annual event? I can't go this weekend, but I've always wanted to go to the one in Albuquerque and it'd be good to know of a closer one.

dejavaboom said...

I agree, I need some type of photoblog...I've got something going in Picasa; maybe it will serve. Balloons are great subject matter for pics--ask my wife!

GC is great for hot air balloons. Last time we went, they only had 26, but that's a good start. Yes, it is an annual event. The next is in Topeka, in October, I believe--I'll post on that next week. It's no Albuqueruqe, but it's sizeable...our favorite is in Colorado Springs, Labor Day weekend. Last time we attended, they had over 100 balloons, but fickle weather.