Sunday, November 16, 2008

Well? Tell me!


I truly enjoy answering the "why" questions that my 3 sons throw at me constantly. I find it challenging to offer answers (and fun to make up answers, too). I looked forward to it from the time the oldest first began (and has never-since stopped) talking, and I will relish it as the last installment (due out in May) offers his questions, too.

Lately, however, the eldest has been asking real puzzlers. He has evolved to a new, very interesting, level of thinking.

Just this month he has asked me, while watching a video on firefighting, "Daddy, what happens if a firehouse catches on fire?" When I returned from the doctor the other day, "Daddy, what if the doctor gets sick?"

Soon he'll be posing really challenging conundrums. I'd better brace myself!

No comments: