Sunday, September 05, 2010

Traditions

Big breakfast Sunday morning--we have a few traditions, but not one that rivals my love of FOOD, celebrated weekly with excess pounds of bacon, eggs, toast, sometimes waffles, pancakes, etc...we have this only once a week, while my grandfather ate such a feast every day of the week!

I love to eat, as is evident if you meet me.

Another eating tradition we have is to eat donuts most Saturday mornings. Mmmmm...donuts. We go to Newton, KS to the Daylight Donuts shop and bring home about $20 worth (but remember, there are nine of us, and we do have leftovers to snack on).

We also grill frequently. When we have guests, it's often on the fire pit, most often grilling lots of hot dogs and marshmallows using a wire rake. Good times.

Hmmm. Other eating traditions? We carve pumpkins in October. Every year I attempt to broil the seeds....fail. Maybe this year?

I'll add to this post or stream of thought.

No comments: