Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bid'ness Cards!

I don't know why...I don't know what I was thinking....but for some reason I really thought I needed business cards. The college I work for provides them upon request. I'd never asked until this fall (6 years into this job). When they arrived, I felt like Steve Martin in The Jerk when he found his name had made it to the phone book!

First minute of this is The Scene--"I'm SOMEBODY now!"


(aside: is there a better comedic line than this, "He hates these cans!")

HOWEVER, after a couple of months with them, I am sorry to say that nothing has changed. I've only found two people to give them to. I don't even know what to do with them, perhaps make a house of (business) cards? I'm thinking about placing them randomly around the world just to see who will correspond with me. Maybe I'll distribute them to students in the spring, just to show them that "I'm somebody!"

No comments: