Monday, October 18, 2010

Call me silly, but...

...it's worth it to go to work at 5am on a Sunday so I can clock out by 10 and go hang w/family. It's worth it today, leaving the house on a Monday morning just after 4, so I can go home after 2 to "be all there" for my wife and kids.

Problem is: it's really hard to be all there, when I'm so exhausted...but I try.

Yesterday was good, for I was able to catch up on mowing (football field-sized front yard) and gardening (harvested potatoes, peppers, etc). I was able to work on the ship for a couple of hours, and we made a new home to some new piglets.




Yes, I said piglets. We now are the custodians of walking bacon. I have very mixed emotions about this (see previous entries), but I figure if nothing else, it may give us all greater appreciation for how much food and effort goes into what ends up at our table. It may make us better stewards of our food, more conscientious about eating meat, knowing the animal it came from. Maybe we'll be more respectful and less greedy consumers.

I truly love the fall weather and the afternoons at home. I've been working my fingers to the bone while I'm in the office to better accommodate the kids when I get home. (It's better than getting home after 6, like I had to do some, recently.)

I truly am fortunate to have so much autonomy and flexibility in my schedule. Even if I do make it crazy for myself.

Now listening to "Monsoon" Sitra mix, by Mantra, on the album Global Chillout Lounge at Pandora.com.

No comments: