Friday, January 07, 2011

CraigsList

Free classified ads. A novel concept. Simple enough, but in the era of online growth, Craig Newmark's idea really caught on. Now over 50 million people use the site regularly, making it the #7'th most high ranking per site visits of all English language sites. See for yourself on their factsheet.

I got a free couch, sold a goat, found lots of lumber, gave away truckloads of garage sale left-overs...and that's just the start.

I like CL because it is non-commercial and it's very democratic (of the people, by the people, for the people). Everything's there. Unlike E-bay, which reeks of mammon, CL has freebie pages, barter pages, forums on every topic, job announcements...you name it. Over 700 cities/regions are represented globally.

I suggest browsing CL for your area of the country and your area of interest. I lurk on the farm/garden link and the one for materials (translate: stuff for my ship).

CraigsList is awesome.

No comments: