Wednesday, June 01, 2011

On Stranger Tides

All good things must come to an end, but I do not look forward to the last installment in the POTC franchise. I really, really enjoy the character of Jack Sparrow. I truly escape all else when watching Depp drift around, pirating his way through each film. Sparrow is easily my favorite film character, eclipsing even the Dude.

On Stranger Tides had me worried, without Bloom and Knightley, but it proved to be just what I needed. Bringing in Edward Teach (Blackbeard) was terrific. I really appreciate how the writers draw on pirate lore and history to make it feel a bit more authentic (even though we all know it's just goofy fun).

I watched it in 2d at a regular theatre, then again in 3d at the local IMAX. It's no eyecandy film like Inception, so I don't know if the extra $10 or so was worth it, but the sound and picture quality was top-notch, anyway. (It was worth it for me, but then...)

OST is full of laughs, action, intrigue, lore....what more could anyone wish for? Oh wait, I've got it: more!!!

No comments: