Friday, May 20, 2011

One Second After

I just finished reading One Second After, and it brought back the shock. Yep, shock and awe. Shocked that I've been so lackadaisical in my preparation and stewardship. (Sure, I could hold my own, but...) Awestruck that the rest of the nation, especially the powers that be, have done virtually nothing in anticipation of the very real threat of an EMP attack.

This guy's letter sums up about everything I was just about to write. I'm steering anyone who reads my blog over to his, for there's lots of additional content linked from there. Observation: there's a whole industry revolving around survivalists. Who'da'thunk?

I am seeking out an easy on-ramp for those who have zippo in the pantry but know better. I am seeking out the step by step for morons (note, not Mormons, who have always been conservative and prepared). Heck, maybe I'll have to write one. It would include chapters/headings like:
  • So, you don't have a budget for Armageddon?
  • All good things come to an end--how 'bout this civilization we're experiencing?
  • Start with toilet paper...no, maybe a gun...where to begin?
  • They might laugh at your stockpile now...

I blame this newly rediscovered enthusiasm on my dad's ghost.

No comments: