Friday, August 12, 2011

500

My dashboard reminds me that this is post #500. Jeepers, that's a lot of blogging. In truth, it's spread over five years, so it's not that impressive. I've done reviews before, so I will spare myself that (usually reserved for an end-of-the-year reflection). I could write about the Herculean effort or the unflagging dedication it has taken to get this far (but then, that would be hokum, for it's been easy).

500 posts, largely about me! I could turn a corner here, get excited about a focus or topic, turn this blog in a new and more constructive direction. I might change it up and make this a chronicle of something more important to the masses...but then, it likely wouldn't make it another 500 posts if I did.

I would like to make this blog more graphic, more multi-media, now that such things abound in this world of web 2.0. I could foresee an interactive, engaging environment, but maybe not on Blogger, maybe not even officially a blog, per se...On the other hand, maybe this blog has run its course, and I should retreat to my other private journals and blogs.

Regardless, 500 published posts is cause for pause.

1 comment:

Gaia Gardener: said...

It's your commentary that I enjoy reading; jazz up the blog if it makes you happy, but I don't think it's necessary.

My only request would be to read more about your gardening exploits and how your yard is developing. Keep up the good work!