Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chance?

Most of the time, I am on the fence on all things supernatural. So much can be explained away. I know many of my friends and family are so very faith-based they find even this commentary offensive, and to them, I apologize.

However, take heart! I have been more aware recently of situations coming up that are just too spot-on to be coincidental. These are generally some sort of collective conscience, some group think, that then manifests itself in reality. I am very raw on this right now, I admit, and I'm going to do much better at documenting these as they roll up in my life. I'll also give some attention to the official terminology for such things as time/interest allow.

Here's just one, from today. I was enjoying a donut today, at the Donut Whole in Wichita, talking with my lovely wife about a former student who had worked at the establishment some time back. I was idly curious as to her well-being, wondering if she had continued writing songs and poetry. Well, whaddya know, unbeknown to me, she'd written to me 15 hours prior to my musings, asking how I'd been, if I could recommend any good poets, telling me all about her current creative writing class at KU. That's just bizarre, and that's just one of what seems to be a weekly happening in my life/times. I know its small and seemingly inconsequential, but it was startling to me.

Another: a little over a month ago, we were chatting and wishing Kyle and his wife (Kyle, my former little brother from Big Bros/Sisters, since then one of my best friends) would move back to Kansas. Within the week, we received word that, indeed, they ARE moving back, within this quarter!

Chance?

I don't think so.

I'm going to re-tune my instrument to more and more positive thoughts and manifest some more goodness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever checked out Abraham/Hicks, Wayne Dyer, or Sonia Choquette?