Friday, September 18, 2009

Don't Shoot Me!

So, I'm writing from my wife's scrap book room, a room virtually wallpapered with photographs of people. It makes me think about those people who have an issue with being photographed. (No, not those who are ugly or disfigured like the Elephant Man!) I'm not writing here about people who are camera shy, like my mom, either.

There are people of some faiths who feel that to have one's picture taken is to rob them of their spirit. There are others who argue against photos for some reason founded in "no graven image" language somehow (I'm admittedly lazy tonight and not bothering to look this up right now.) If those folks have a point, then my family is DOOMED. We take about 200 photos every time a child is born. My wife took about 5000 pictures a year, as I recall, when she first got her digital camera!

I hope they're wrong about pictures stealing one's soul!

1 comment:

Lora said...

I am confident that they are wrong! Your sole is magnified each time a picture is taken and it gets more beautiful!! :)