Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Cheap, cheap!

Someone told me I should do a seminar or write a book on how I get stuff so cheap. There's really no big trick to it, usually it's just being in the right place at the right time, being observant. I've had great luck with about every purchase, except vehicles. (Someday, I hope to find that gem of a car for fifty bucks!)

Meanwhile, my latest score was a unit (96 pieces, I learned) of deck wood which I purchased at 1/4 the retail value. It's brand new, super nice, and now waiting for me to get building! Source? Good o'l Craig's List. Unfortunately, though the deck is now no longer in financial limbo, it's in a waiting list behind other building projects I have backed up.

I'm bidding on a barn that someone needs torn down. If I net that, then I'll have the chance to recreate a 100 year old barn on my property, for virtually nothing! That would be a true marvel. (Wait until my family finds out about this one!)

I have reported here many times how much I gain from garage sales, too. I don't know if I will ever break this addiction to bargains. I would like this enthusiasm for the inexpensive to well up and overflow into the rest of my life (and more importantly, my entire household). Getting things on impulse is expensive; getting things by poking around is rewarding!

1 comment:

Lora said...

I don't buy everything on impulse! And, a barn, huh?! Hmmm...