Thursday, August 07, 2008

Visual Thesaurus!

I was using this tool back when it was an idea, when it was in beta. I've been subscribed to Thinkmap's Visual Thesaurus for some time now, and I employ it in classes, in creative writing, and sometimes I just poke it for fun. iGoogle has made it a widget or gadget option (for free) these days, and I've introduced hundreds of people to it there.

The beauty of the visual thesaurus is that it "mind maps" words and their relationships. This is excellent for me, for it's how I think and how I learn. (Yes, I was a big fan of sentence diagramming, too, though no one else seems to have shared my zeal.)

Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus

I hope that some folks find it to be as useful as I do. (I have even downloaded an interactive version of it to my word processor.) From now on, it will be part of my header at MusementPark, for the utility of my readership.

No comments: