Thursday, December 10, 2009

Punch drunk

o yjoml o eo;; etoyr yjod rmyrtu gtp, pmr lru pgg yjr mpt,s;////gpt zo s, grr;omh pgg yjr ,stl ypfsu. yjsy d gpt ditr/ ( rough translation: i think i will write this entry from one key off, for i'm feeling punchdrunk)

It's the time of year I forget where I parked (out back) and that I'm out of fuel (MUST pump up before the long cold drive home). It's a day when I don't remember how or when I got here, just that I know I must be here again and again and again. *sigh*

It's finals week. Huzzah for students. Hell for me. I'm not even going to give a count on how many papers are left to score--it would sound like whining and it would only further bum me out.

I've written entries around this time of year before, and I've offered myself lots of motive to do better. In truth, I've not procrastinated, just been burdened. Still--I think next term I will grade everything as soon as it hits my hopper; prevents complaints and keeps my in box empty.

So, there's little to learn this time, nothing to chastize. What am I to write about then? Maybe that I'm just a goob about now. I'm a dweeb. I'm a bit loopy. I don't know how else to say it, for all my good words are asleep in the recesses of my brain somewhere about now. Yet I grade.

Yet...I grade.

No comments: