Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Camping

We've been getting back to nature a bit lately at the Jarvis farm. So far, our camping has been in the back yard, but we're working up to a lake some day. The first night, we camped too close to the house and highway. The yard light and air conditioner were interfering with my vibe. The next two nights, we camped out by our fire pit, which was much better. We have a chance to camp further yet from civilization, still on our land, about 300 yards on away from house and highway, back in the bush. I'm told this weekend ahead is National Backyard Camp Out Night, or something like that. I am looking forward to it!

The boys love it. I am always impressed with how some simple things, like story telling and baths, can make these kids revel in glee. I do mean glee, too. They get giddy when we camp out.

I hope we can practice a good deal this summer and then perhaps head to the Rockies to visit my aunt before things get too intense in the fall. My perfect trip would be to Colorado Springs, camping up/back and staying w/her one night--all around Labor day, so we might see the hot air balloon festival again.

Now if I can just train them all to help with set up and tear down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully while your visiting your Aunt you will also visit with your cousin since we live in the same town.