Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Changes are Unsettling

It's not appropriate for me to air dirty laundry here, but looking at my monthly montage calendar picture reminds me just how much has changed over a year. In almost every photo people are featured who are no longer with us--thank goodness not "gone" as in dead, just out of our lives.

My best friend and his wife are subject to the whim of the military, and now he's headed to Afghanistan and she's moved back to California. My boys' playmates are the children of a guy who's no longer with our niece/cousin. Now they don't get together any more. Another niece/cousin is on the Dark Side of the family right now, and I don't know when we'll see them at family functions for a while. *sigh*

Too much change, too much drama--it's all unsettling to me.

No comments: