Sunday, June 06, 2010

Clickers

I want to make my ground classes more engaging and interactive. I hate lectures. I love games. My students have reported they enjoy our jeopardy games, so I think I'll continue that--but it's not enough (it's never enough with me).

Clickers are audience response tools. Watched America's Funniest Videos? The same tool used to vote on videos, or for that matter on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, are what I want. I tested some a decade ago and liked them then. You get real time feedback/engagement. Students are "quizzed" on screen, and their responses tabulated in real time. At that time, it was proprietary software and only did multiple choice questions. The modern versions look like keypads on cell phones (in fact they make some such software compatible with smart phones). It interacts w/most presentation software, etc.

Here's the link.

1 comment:

Christi said...

http://www.polleverywhere.com/plans/classroom_response_system_higher_ed

Just came across this for the presentation I'm working on. I haven't tinkered with it yet but I thought you would find if useful.