Thursday, March 17, 2011

Parkour

Parkour (aka free-running) intrigues me. It seems to be mad running and jumping and traversing all terrains, in a no holds barred fashion. Growing up, we used to do this. We called it 'run like hell.'

I like it because it's non-competitive, it uses no gear(not even a uniform), it is an active sport (no spectators here), and it's a little edgy. (I guess in some cities, they are trying to outlaw it...of course.)

This video is a great look at it.


One could also watch the documentary Jump|London.

I'm thinking the boys and I are going to romp all over the farm with greater intention, now that it's recognized as a sport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool video. Check this blog for information on how to choose apropriate parkour clothes - http://parkour-clothes.blogspot.com