Saturday, January 07, 2012

Poetry Challenge

I'm embarking on a new year's resolution to emulate a published poet every day. None of what I've cranked out so far bears even honorable mention, but I may, someday, put one up here or ship one out to a lit mag....who knows.

I'm posting this here to keep myself accountable. If I look back on this post in months to come, and I hang my head, well, that will just stink. Hopefully I will be able to keep imitating. They say if one can practice something for a month, it can become habitual.

Here's to habitual poetry!

1 comment:

Gaia Gardener: said...

My "one-a-day" for this new year is to sketch once a day. I quit art at age 12 (for some reason I don't recall), but am feeling pulled towards picking it back up again. So far I've managed 2 sketches in 6 days - not great, but way more than I've done since about 1968!