Monday, October 20, 2008

CLICK

I've written of this repeatedly, so I guess it's a theme now. I so wish I could stop time, like in the movie, Click. I was just recalling a special effect of the Matrix series, in which one could zoom 360 around an action scene slowed to a stop...I wish I could do that.

Ever been in a car wreck? There is a moment of, "Oh, boy!" when you tend to know you're wrecking, when your car is upside down or your head's penetrating the windshield--and you stop time then.

A car wreck also leaves me with that terrible feeling that things are out of control, that I cannot reverse course now but must instead ride it out. Things are churning, chaotic, and chitty.

Such is this moment in my life, when everything from personal finances to national elections seems out of control. It's a time when I am away from my family so much it grieves my soul (even though I'm with them far more than most fathers get to be).

I am on a gut-wrenching merry-go-round, and I'm about to puke.

Usually, I'm pretty handy at fixing things. That's just it. Give me a plugged up toilet or a dead car, and I'm ready to go to work. Give me my personal life, and I don't even know where to begin. I need a therapist with some really innovative approaches to fix this broken machine, someone like MacGyver...

1 comment:

Lora said...

I love that silly clip art image...so like you!