Monday, June 01, 2009

Break Doldrums Hit At Last

Maybe it was the new baby, the summer class, the extra folk in the household, the garden or the tractor-related issues...but something has changed. (Maybe it's the fact that this is June 1st and I can feel my break ebbing away already.)

I AM FEELING BUMMED OUT. That's right, I got the blues. I think that regimen I referenced last month is too slow in coming. Maybe I'd better revisit my own blog entries!

I made a list just now, as I've learned to do for breaks to make them matter. I know myself well enough to know (even though I don't like this about myself) that I need a sense of accomplishment, that I need things to do. If I haven't, I get gray. I wish I could just be...just hang in a hammock or play w/the kids w/out any drive or determination for anything.

I've yet to learn how.

No comments: