Monday, June 08, 2009

Perpetuum Jazzile cover of "Africa"

One highlight of my years at Cowley...one very hot August day when the Brown Center (a large 700 seat auditorium) opened, without air conditioning, the entire freshman class was required to attend orientation. I had the misfortune of being chosen to "warm up" the audience. Not knowing what else to do, I led them in creating a rain storm. Watch the video below, imagine it amplified by 400 more participants. It still gives me the goose bumps to reflect on that moment.



Otherwise, it's a fun tune to resurrect, eh?

1 comment:

Lora said...

Wanna know what's funny about that memory? That's the first time I met you and I thought you were such a dork and that this exercise was the dumbest thing I had ever done!!! What a difference 14 years makes, huh?