Wednesday, October 07, 2009

10 years from now...

Ten years seems like a very long time, until I'm watching VH1 or listening to the "oldies" or watching syndicated television shows which bring it all back to me. Age brings perspective, too, and with that (hopefully) wisdom.

I've assigned this, and I've done this before ('just found one recently from 1986--boy did that go in a different direction!). I find it to be healthy, that it can contribute to positive goal tending, to put some prognostications into print like this, so here goes...

My kids will be 16, 14, 12 and 10.
I will be 58--geez, CRYPT KEEPER.
It will be 2019 (unless the world ends in 2012).
I'll have known my best friend for over 50 years!

I will have established a sustainable lifestyle and be (able to be) off the grid.
We will have livestock, gardens, storage, etc. and arranged bartering.
My kids will have gone through 4H (and maybe scouts) and be equipped!
I will have an established tree row and berm to block the highway noise.
I'll have written something fiction, something book-length, published.
My house will be at least 1000 sqft larger.
I'll have made it through my reading list.
Finances will be secure and comfortable.
My mortgage will be paid off (whew, wonder how that will happen!)
Online instruction will be my mainstay--giving me more time with family.

No comments: