Sunday, May 09, 2010

Packing Iron


Image from here.

Yes, Iron Man is going to be a big hit, much-hyped and destined to rake in box office bucks beyond measure. I'll leave it to the true comic book fans to report on accuracy of the film to the character from the colored pages of our youth...

I'll just confess that I like Robert Downey, Jr more with every successive film he appears in. Oh, he's no Johnny Depp, or reaching way back Peter O'Toole, but he's really coming into his own. I admire that RDjr is overcoming his demons, and I lament that Charlie Sheen is not (but gosh darn, I want to like that guy, too, really).

I've already written about Downey in Sherlock Holmes (though I shared more about the soundtrack). He was incredible in that film, and I'm begging for a sequel.

Iron Man 2, however, intrigues me. I know little more than the average Joe, and I plan to keep it that way, not pouring over the website or blog posts or trailers, teasers, etc...for I like being pleasantly surprised.

I guess you could say that's a lifestyle decision for me: blissful ignorance. That way I am seemingly constantly in a state of ah-ah! (Not really so very much, but it was fun to imagine I was really living in the moment, even if only for the moment I wrote the passage).

Regardless, I have something to look forward to: summer movies! Alas, I only have one movie pass hoarded from my birthday months ago. So far I expended the passes wisely, very wisely if you ask me, on Holmes and then on Alice in Wonderland. (I owe myself a post on that film, too, soon.)

No comments: