Monday, March 15, 2010

Full Swing--and a miss.

*sigh*

Over the weekend, it was one false start after another. From Friday through Sunday the weather was not pleasant (like I ordered for Spring Break). It would have been good time to play board games and do plays and make movies and read books--cozy, inside w/my kids...but I was so anxious, so ratcheted up with plans for the break that I was mostly grumbling around and attempting to do things on my List.

I have made a scratch on the garden. I made a swing at the ship. I started building a raised bed.

And, the boys and I did play some games, walked the trail, buried a hawk, wandered the property...but I need to do much better with the 7 days remaining. Of course, there's things eating at my Event, from doctors to grading, from friend visits to equipment availability. All I can say is, I hope the weather will cooperate for the rest of the holiday.

As we wandered the property yesterday, I noticed some weeds are already ankle-high, and they are the most obnoxious, notoriously sturdy weeds we have. They grow 7 feet tall, unchecked, and they suck up lots of moisture from the ground. I wish I could sick my goat on them, but she doesn't seem that thrilled about it. (See, I need to get my mower out NOW!)

I think the best thing I could do with this break is to just relax. We already agreed to put housework at bay until next week. I'm really trying to grade only what I absolutely must do this week, so I can be more available. Maybe we will do daily visits w/folks. My list is long, though my time always seems short.

No comments: