Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Now THAT'S a Tool!


Check out this old-school typewriter.

I think that any tool one uses as much as I use a keyboard should have similar bling. It should be classy, iron, decorative, etc. Instead, I use a nasty plastic keyboard from HP made in China.

I believe that when one has a tool of the right caliber, it can help them work at a higher level. I have certainly discovered this to be true with tools of farming, wood work, etc. I expect it crosses over into more cerebral work as well.

In one of my favorite movies, Final Cut, the lead character works on a wood and brass laptop. It is beautiful. I should at least be working on a keyboard like this. Classy, brass, steampunk.

Instead, it's the ol' out of the box model. Maybe that accounts for my shoddy workmanship, my procrastination, my poor....

No comments: