Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break Snow

I was in denial. I did not believe it could really snow on spring break, but it has...and it is.

That's okay, for in anticipation, we worked hard outside when we could and we made as ready as we could. (Didn't expect to lose power last night, but it was only a 90 minute outage...you can't forecast everything.)

I remember one really dramatic ice storm over spring break, back when I was in college a millenia ago. Otherwise, I cannot recall much of a "winter storm" in later March. I like this blog, for it gives me a chance to document this for posterity. (Maybe my wife will get some good pictures to post here, too.)

This snow day is actually the inverse of most, for it gives me a break from gardening and yard work to do my grading and school work. Traditionally, I look forward to snow so I can skip school.

No comments: