Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Strange Daze

I might have slept 2 hours last night. I spent the rest of the time reading, thinking, plotting out the garden and the playground and the other projects I have to do (usually such plotting puts me right to sleep). If it happens again, I'm going to drop some melatonin!

I think I was juiced about today. I worked hard on today's lecture content, drilling around in about two dozen of my resources to find what (I hope) was the best 3 hours my students may have ever had on digital research. I think I'm going to make a screen capture lecture of it for my online classes (and for folks to critique here, perhaps).

I also prepared fully for the afternoon meeting with the Executive Director of the Kansas Campus Compact. The meetings included such luminaries as the college president, 2 vice-presidents, 2 deans, several directors, faculty, staff and students, community partners in service...oh and a representative from the Kansas Board of Regents. I had to review and make commentary on the draft of the KsCC strategic plan through 2014. I really absorbed a lot through the first 90 minutes, then I hope I made meaningful contributions in the other 2 hours we shared.

THEN I wrote an exam for a class and graded about a dozen papers. All this after lunch, when I normally am not good for anything.

I wonder what my horoscope said of me today...My guess: You are supercharged with boundless energy and ideas. Be prepared to share. Tonight: crash and burn.

No comments: