Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow Envy

WELL!
I guess I'll just have to start ignoring the weather reports. Earlier this week they forecast an inch of ice, which did not happen here. Then last night they were sure we'd get 7 inches of snow, and we barely have 3.
I can't say I envy those poor souls in Hutchinson who were layered with ice and now 7 or more inches of snow. I am glad I have my electricity and my tree limbs, too...
However, I surely do envy my buddy in Hays, KS, where they are reporting 13 inches of snow. All my remaining work for the college is at my side or online, so I say, let it snow! (I do, I suppose, have a fickle internet sat. receiver, and I might have to climb the roof with a broom if it snowed much...hmmm...)
My father used to report some impressive snowfall from his youth. He said it snowed over the cars so deeply one could only find them by the antenna...which, now that you mention it, would be a problem for many models these days w/the windshield-imbedded antenna. He claimed there were drifts so high one could sled right off the roof of the house, down a drift to the ground. Now that's some snow I could deal with.

This powderpuff stuff is just an annoyance, especially since it's virtually been promised by weathermen that it will all be gone well-before Christmas. (Which, given their track record, should mean we'll have a white Christmas!)

Back to grading. I want to get it all done so I can build snowforts with the boys in a couple days.

No comments: