Monday, December 03, 2007

Why bother?

This year, I wish there were no holiday--no xmas music, no lights, no decorations, no gifts...

I would like the time off, but otherwise, just forget about it.

I know it's good for kids to get all giddy about Santa and toys and that it's wholesome to celebrate with family. I know the whole Christian aspect of the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Considering all that, I'm sure I'll get out-voted in my household, but for me, who cares.

I'm still in my annual funk over my dad's premature death (4 yrs ago, Thanksgiving) and then I'm also swamped with grading the work of people who just want an "A" and don't care otherwise. There are finanical unmentionables that are more burdensome than all that, even, which seem to be leading to the loss of my little farm. *sigh* So while everyone else may be whistling "Deck the Halls" and guzzling eggnog, I say, I'd rather punt.

No comments: