Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I'm okay with that...

Maybe I'm just feeling complacent today:
  • I got up late today, and now my whole day's off schedule, like daylight saving's time...but I don't really care, for I'm overall ahead of schedule.
  • There were grounds in my coffee--faulty filter this morning. That's okay.
  • Nobody contacts me back in Facebook, email, etc... *sigh*
  • Punxsutawney Phil predicts six more weeks of winter. OMG!

This last item in particular surprises me, for I have not been one to enjoy winter. Maybe I'm getting older, sentimental or something. I just hate to see this winter end. I've always been this way about summer, but winter? me?

I guess I've finally come to that point that I like seasons, every season. I know winter is difficult sometimes, but it's also so uniquely beautiful. It offers some recreation and some wonders that no other season can touch. (No other season gives us snow days, for example!)

I know the flashy season, spring, is about to bud. Then we have all the bravado of big storms, torments of rain, and a kaleidoscope of colors as everything comes to life....but spring also means more work than winter asks of me. I'll be mowing and gardening and raising livestock and rearing children outside (unleashed madness). I'll be back to picking ticks.

I'm content to have six weeks before all the excitement. I can curl up with a cup of coffee, look out at the snow, and read my seed catalogs.

No comments: