Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sproing!

Sproing! Spring will just bounce in like that, and I will be caught unaware--unless I'm always keeping an eye on the calendar. I noticed other people are already ramping up, turning their gardens, buying seed potatoes and bulb plants, burning fields....

I have SO MUCH TO DO once the weather warms. Unfortunately for me, the weather change will be about the same time as my workload gets back breaking. I know, work comes first.

Yesterday I was talking w/my inlaw at the grill, looking over the garden. Here's a short list of what must be done, in some reasonable priority:
  1. tune up the mower and tractor
  2. build raised beds for garden
  3. plant garden (early bulb crops)
  4. burn fields (preferably all of them)
  5. arrange for top soil, compost, gravel, etc.
  6. contract said inlaw w/equipment to move the arranged {and woodchips }
  7. finish pirate ship playground
  8. finish garden
  9. finish carport


Of course, in my mind all this ought to be done by or during Spring Break, less than a month away. Likely other plans will over-ride mine.

THEN when the above list is done, there's the deck to build, and the mowing can then begin in earnest.

No comments: