Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Intention


Conscientious
Steward
Intentional
Attentive
Frugal
Purposeful

I want to live this way. I mean to live this way. Unfortunately, too often I am amazed to look back at my day or my semester or year--and frown. What the--? Where did it go? How was it frittered away?

I know I've written on this numerous times, but I think I'll just keep writing on it until I get some momentum behind myself and act differently.

I have done time studies and found them to be among the most effective deterrents of wasted time. I also need to finish that vision statement, hang it all on a word, and then get that word tattooed on my forehead or something!

It all comes down to goal tending, to actively working purposefully toward prioritized objectives. I find myself too easily weighted down with imaginary burdens, bloated from miasma of angst...there's a heady couple phrases. What I mean is, looking back, the problems are almost always laughably simple. The heavy load almost always is minor in retrospect.

Above all, then, I need to keep things in perspective.

Alas, right now I am feeling there's no hope, utterly no hope whatsoever, to get caught up.

*sigh*

No comments: