Sunday, April 18, 2010

Return of the Pickup!

Even today, as I am just getting my hands again on the wheel of the pickup, I am bringing home loads of stuff. This may cause those at home some consternation.

Yes, that's right, after an absence of over a year, I'm regaining the keys to my dad's old truck. It's not that old, really, by my standards...something like a '99 Silverado. All I care is that it runs and it has a bed suitable for hauling--stuff!

Today I'm on a mission to raid a house advertised on Craig'sList as one abandoned, full, by "tenets." (Terrible when truth escapes us!) I hope to score some lumber. Then I'm off to get some chicken wire for about 1/4 the retail cost. All of this costs chicken feed, and all of this is useful on the farm, so I do not feel badly.

Now, if I start bringing home large sets from musicals, dysfunctional refrigerators, over-sized yard art...then that might be cause for alarm. For now, the only hollering will be me, once again behind the wheel!

No comments: