Friday, January 22, 2010

If I could do it all again...

...I would:
  • teach speech, not composition.
  • never let my body get so out of shape.
  • work harder at retaining details (names, authors, dates...)
  • be published.
  • have told my dad how I loved him.
  • save more money.
  • record the stories I tell my kids nightly.
  • learn a language a year.
  • retire by now.
  • read with Intention.
  • live with Intention.
  • take school seriously the first time.
  • compare and commit to a religion, conscientiously.
  • take more people under my wing.
  • take more people into my confidence.
  • take more naps (hard to imagine, eh?).
  • swim and play tennis as my lifetime sports (rather than croquet).
  • travel more.
  • dance more.
  • drink more water.
  • be a better (fill in the blank: father, son, spouse, teacher...)
  • not let friendships go fallow.
  • master all-things farming.
  • be self-sustaining.
  • invent something significant (and lucrative).



This is a good exercise, for I am learning most of the items here are ones that I CAN STILL DO, if I just get up and go at it!

No comments: