Friday, January 15, 2010

Untapped potential

Being useful.
Not just taking up space.
Serving a purpose.
Maximized.

I've already signed my organ donor card, but it just isn't enough. What about all those idle hours of sleep? I can join my PC to a network of others, allowing NASA or whomever to use my computer's processing power overnight or over other hours it is not otherwise in use. Why can't something like that be done with ME?

Maybe during idle time (or while I'm blogging or grading) I could give blood or sell plasma.

Maybe as I sleep my body heat could thaw out tomorrow's food or incubate baby chicks.

Surely someone can configure a USB port to the back of my head and draw something from my wetware, no?

Right now, as I sit here typing, what of my legs? Perfectly good muscles and limbs going to waste...maybe we all need generators under our desks, ones we pedal like an old fashioned sewing machine.

22 feet of intestines? Surely not all of that is optimized. Maybe a few yards could be used in a nice soup or for sausage casings? Think of all this skin--can't I wear a wet suit and just have skin on my face and hands?

I know many would agree with me on this: I put out enough hot air and wind to power greater Wichita. Why can't we tap that?

No comments: